This intensive one day Full Body Swedish Massage Course teaches all the basic massage skills, knowledge of massage movements, techniques & practical hands on experience taught by qualified therapist via demonstrations on the whole body, with the emphasis of combining relaxation, client care and customer service.
Course Duration: 1 day
Time: 10.00am – 4.30pm
Entry Requirement: NVQ, ITEC, IHBC or Full Body Massage Certificate Pre requiste required. Students must be 18 or over.
Equipment: All Products oils and hot stone equipment will be provided for use during training course training.
Dress Code: Please wear professional beauty therapist uniform, no jewellery, no nails, varnish or nail extensions.
Certification: Certificate of attendance
Hot Stone Massage is a very popular treatment as it works on a deeper level than just a manual massage, the heat therapy combined from the stones relaxes the muscles & the client further.
What will the course cover?
– Essential Health & Safety
– Salon & Personal Hygiene & Sanitation
– Client Consultation & Product Knowledge
– Skin Types & Oils to Choose from to suit client skin type
– Contra-indications to the treatment and client care
– Trolley & Hot Stone Equipment setup
– Cautions whilst working with stones to prevent burning to self and clients
– Massage Techniques, effleurage, petrissage, kneading, tapotment, cupping, stroking
– Movements to suit client age and health requirements
– Hands on practice of training techniques learned
– Questions & Answers
– Client Aftercare
– Homework study where applicable
– Treatment Test on Real Client after theory and practical
What do I need to know before I start the course?
A Full body massage certifcate is required prior to commence this course. Students must be 18+. Students will be work in pairs during the course training. We recommend you bring your own lunch.
You are taught Contra Indications, Treatment Guidance, Consultation, Aftercare, Massage Techniques, Customer Care, Service & Precautions whilst working with stones, via practical demonstration. Students will then work on each other to practice techniques learnt until we feel they are capable enough to work on clients and have presented knowledge practical training, via question and answers and a multiple choice question paper.